Senior-level manager with proven leadership in the areas of business, industry, and politics. Demonstrated proficiency in project/program management, consensus building, team building, and executive liaison affairs. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills with proven success in building relationships with upper-level executives and decision-makers. An effective leader in local and state governments as past president of Slidell City Council and past chairman of Louisiana House of Representatives Insurance Committee. Speaker at numerous state and national conferences addressing various insurance topics with a focus on cancer care policy. Core competencies include:
Project/Program Management • Problem Solving • Strategic Development • Consensus • Development • Team Building • New Business Development • Customer Focused • Public Relations
Mayor of Slidell, Louisiana
Representative District 90 Louisiana State House of Representatives
2012 – 2018
- Re-elected unopposed to third term through January 2020.
- Member of the House Insurance Committee, Committee on Civil Law and House Labor Committee
- Past Chairman of the House Insurance Committee
- Chairman of the House Executive Committee
- Member of the House Special Committee on Veterans and Military Affairs
- Member of the house Special Committee on Homeland Security
- Speaker’s appointee to the Executive Board of the Energy Council
- Executive Board Member of National Conference of Insurance Legislators.
- Elected unopposed to four-year term in the Louisiana State House of Representatives representing District 90.
- Served on the Civil Law and Procedure Committee, the House and Governmental Affairs Committee, Retirement Committee, and the House Executive Committee.
- Attended the National Conference of State Legislators Leadership Development Program in October 2009 at the nomination of Speaker of the House
City Councilman, Slidell District G
- Elected unopposed to second four-year term and led negotiations for long-term sales tax sharing agreement.
- Served as Vice-President in 2005 and President in 2006. Crafted and negotiated a public private venture between the city of Slidell and the Pinewood Country Club to increase storm water retention capacity by 500%.
- Facilitated the distribution of supplies to the public and directed the only city shelter immediately after Hurricane Katrina until the arrival of the Red Cross.
BUSINESS AND INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
Jacobs Engineering Firm
Project Manager (2016 - 2018)
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, and construction services, including all aspects of architecture, engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and specialty consulting. We serve a broad range of companies and organizations, including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
Visit Jacob’s Engineering at http://www.jacobs.com/ to learn more.
Louisiana Health Cooperative Health Company
- Negotiated agreement with new contractor to retool major core business functions resulting in improved efficiency, reduction of claim payment time by 50%, and decreasing complaints with department of insurance from 125 to 20 and federal CMS complaints from 200 to 0.
- Achieved membership growth of 75% in one year.
- Recruited, hired, and revamped the executive management team, adding a chief strategy officer and lean six sigma component to improve processing, turnaround times, and member services.
- Developed relationships and worked closely with the broker and agent community, appointing over 500 brokers and agents to sell product and developing a provider network of over 3000.
- Recognized and quickly resolved payment problem with largest provider group in Baton Rouge resulting in the renegotiation of contract amendment for timely payment and a satisfied business partner.
- Fostered excellent working relationship with the Department of Insurance and negotiated agreements with leaders.
- Collaborated with senior-level executives at CMS creating a culture of teamwork and relationship building.
Project Manager (2009-2013)
- Developed the Stennis-Michoud Corridor Master Plan for growth of jobs and business development in this corridor and the region.
- Coordinated and developed new Geocent business sector for engineering services including customer base, and acquisition of contracts.
- Recruited and hired engineers and technicians growing the engineering services sector from 3 to 50 employees resulting in approximately $2M in sales within the first year.
- Managed all engineering services sector work along the Gulf Coast including the Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans, the Marshall Space Flight Center in Alabama and the Stennis Space Center in Mississippi.
- Managed and directed the re-purposing of manufacturing space to office space and the retrofit/upgrade of existing office space at Michoud Assembly Center.
Lockheed Martin-Michoud Assembly Facility
Senior Staff Engineer (2006-2009)
- Coordinated Safety and product Assurance support, manpower, documentation, and inspections interfacing with NASA customers and executive management daily.
- Managed Safety and Product Assurance Support for Return to Flight production activities facilitating delivery of major projects within schedule and budget.
- Assembled top teams of engineers and master schedulers, facilitating conversations to troubleshoot solutions meeting project timeframe, scope of budget, and safety criteria.
Senior Quality Engineer (1989-2006)
- Collaborated with all manufacturing disciplines to develop and/or modify quality standards.
- Chaired the Hardware Acceptance committee.
- Supervised the Performance Evaluation/Trending department directing nine-member staff.
- Streamlined reporting of design versus build reports from 60 days to less than 15 days per tank.
Quality Engineer (1982-1989)
- Directed a nine-member staff and chaired Material Review Board panels with Engineering and NASA Safety and Mission Assurance.